Right Exercise and Right Nutrition
You must know that achieving healthy goals needs a balance between dietary intake and physical activity. Today, many individuals are leading a stressful lifestyle. Thus, they have to be given a diet and exercise plan as a part of their routine. This will let their body and mind work more efficiently.
Adapting a diet and exercise plan for weight loss has been reliable for decades. Albeit the belief is in achieving a calorie deficit through diet modifications only, an exercise regime followed simultaneously will accelerate the process. Therefore, your diet and exercise plan must go hand in hand when you want to enjoy a peaceful mind and have better stamina to enjoy all the activities you love to do.
EATING THE RIGHT FOODS FOR EXERCISE
To get the required nutrients that are essential to fulfill your fitness goal, the right kind of food is significant. The most important role of food is to give you the energy to perform the desired activities. This energy level will depend upon the nutrient content of your snacks and meal. Your meal must have the right amount of all the nutrients, i.e., carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals, and lots of water for hydration.
The muscles you engage during exercising rely on the nutrients they receive through your diet. Thus, your meal is taken before, after, and in between the workout can impact your sessions. Your meal needs to have the right amount of all these nutrients:
This is a very useful nutrient, as it will give you the energy required by your body to function. Carbohydrates are mainly stored in the muscle fiber as glycogen, and eventually, muscles will derive this energy to do all kinds of short and heavy exercises. The carbohydrates you choose pre-workout must be whole grain cereals with low fat, skimmed milk, low fat or fat-free yogurt, brown rice, etc.
Proteins are the building blocks of our muscle fiber. Thus, they are not only essential prior to or during the exercise, but will also enhance the recovery post-workout. Some high protein food sources include eggs, almonds, chicken, tuna, quinoa, and dairy products.
One thing to be paid heed to is that lean protein sources are to be chosen, as they are low in fats. Even dairy products should be low fat or fat-free.
- Vitamins and minerals
If one manages a good diet and exercise plan, he should be eating the right foods for exercise. Therefore, vitamin supplements may not be taken, as your balanced diet will not maintain sufficient vitamin and mineral levels. Although you must learn about the essential vitamins and minerals, i.e., calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, B-vitamins, and vitamin-D, vitamin-C & E. These help mainly in metabolism but also play a role in keeping your bones healthy.
Water and other fluids keep you hydrated. One must drink eight ounces of water before starting your warm-up and 7-to 10 ounces every 10-to 20 minutes during the exercise. Water will help regulate your body temperature and transport the nutrients to different body parts.
If you are not hydrated, your body may feel tired, have muscle cramps, have dizziness, etc. Besides water, sports drinks are also helpful if you want to perform for more than an hour. These sports drinks provide energy and electrolytes required by your body to exercise at a high intensity for a longer period.
There are some points to remember to make your diet and exercise plan a success.
- Exercise with an empty stomach may burn your valuable energy sources and yield less stamina. It may also make you feel nauseated and shaky or drop your blood sugar level. This will bring an end to your diet and exercise plan for weight loss, as your body will tend to store more fat than usual to compensate for the loss.
- Don’t eat junk foods as they are high in fat, sugar, and refined carbohydrates, which will consequently affect your exercise plan by draining energy and leading to weight gain.
- Always be attentive to your post-workout meals. The best foods you may choose are:
- Yogurt and fruits
- Low-fat milk
- The recovery smoothie
- Organic Peanut butter sandwich
- Turkey on whole-grain bread
RIGHT EXERCISE TO MAINTAIN HEALTH
Similar to eating the right foods for exercise, performing the right exercises is also important for good metabolism and better absorption of nutrients by your body. Thus, your exercise regime has to take into account these simple facts.
- One must remain physically active for at least 30 minutes a day on almost all days of the week. Your gym workout or other activities like sports, swimming, cycling, and jogging will help you burn your calories and avoid excess storage of fat and carbohydrates in your muscle fibers.
- Your goal must be to practice all four types of exercises, i.e., endurance, strength, flexibility, and balance.
- Endurance exercises, also known as aerobic exercises, include activities that increase your breathing and heart rate, such as walking, jogging, biking, jumping rope, etc. Thus, it will keep your lungs, heart, and circulatory system healthy, which will help in the better absorption of nutrients.
- Strength training or resistance training is mainly designed to improve strength and is associated with lifting weights. This type of exercise can be significant to your diet and exercise plan for weight loss.
- Resistance training helps in increasing both after burn after exercise and increasing muscle size. This will increase the number of calories we burn at rest.
- Flexibility exercises are associated with stretching all your body muscles and joints. Whereas balance exercises can help you improve your strength and posture by incorporating better stability and coordination.
- Exercising should not only be done to burn the calories, but we also consume in a day as it will not help you to burn the extra stores in your muscle fibers. It will be like what you eat is what burns. Thus, your diet and exercise plan for weight loss will not be a success.
- Intense exercising is also not recommended, as it will deplete your glycogen stores to a level that starves you and makes you shaky.
- Exercises are effective for weight loss.
- Walking for at least 45 minutes per day.
- Jogging or running
- Weight training
- Interval training
BENEFITS OF DIET AND EXERCISE PLAN
- It helps you control and delay most age-related health problems like blood pressure, diabetes, osteoarthritis, cardiovascular diseases, etc.
- One can easily manage stress and avoid depression, which is very common among the young and old.
- It will build stronger muscles and bones.
- Improved sleep and a positive mood are also some of the outcomes of a good diet and proper physical activity.
- You may also experience better sexual health.
- A healthy diet and regular exercise will give you a longer life span.
Proper management of the nutrients and regular physical activity involving all your body parts will help you enjoy a stress-free and healthy life.
Download the joyscore app to enjoy hearty health and well-being.
Download on the Appstore
Get it on Google Play