Have you ever walked barefoot on the grass and felt an incredible connection to the earth? This feeling is more than just a pleasant experience; it is a scientifically proven practice called Earthing or Grounding. Earthing connects to the earth’s energy through direct contact with the earth’s surface. By connecting to the earth’s energy, we can absorb the natural healing energy to reduce inflammation, improve sleep and reduce stress. Not only does Earthing bring us closer to nature, but it also has self-soothing skills with numerous other health benefits. Through Earthing, we can improve our overall well-being, restore balance, shift the autonomic nervous system from sympathetic toward parasympathetic activation, increase wound healing and heart rate variability, reduce blood viscosity, and enhance our mental and physical health. Medical professionals have recognized the benefits of Earthing, and it is now becoming an increasingly popular way to promote health and wellness. So, ditch your shoes and connect to nature. Explore the wonderful benefits of Earthing by downloading Joyscore and see how it can help you live healthier and happier lives.
What is Earthing/ Grounding?
Earthing is the process of touching or being in contact with the earth—specifically the exposed surface of the soil. Earthing is a well-documented and safe way to access the earth’s electrical energy. Earthing increases the number of electrons transferred from the earth’s surface to the body. When exposed to the earth’s magnetic field, the earth’s electrons are attracted to human tissue; this transfer of electrons allows Earthing to provide the benefits of the earth’s natural energy. When we are grounded, our cells are more hydrated, oxygenated, and open. This allows for more nutrients and electrical signals to flow throughout the body.
How does Earthing/ Grounding work?
Earthing is the transfer of electrons from the earth to the body. This transfer allows Earthing to provide benefits of the earth’s energy. Electrons are encouraged to flow through the body by bonding with oxygen molecules in the bloodstream. Earthing increases blood flow and promotes the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the cells. Earthing has been shown to reduce stress and promote restful sleep.
Benefits of Earthing/ Grounding
– Medical professionals have recognized Earthing/ Grounding as an anti-inflammatory treatment.
– It improves sleep and promotes rest and stress.
– It has an antidepressant effect in those with moderate to severe depression.
– It enhances concentration and focus, thus improving mental and physical health.
– It decreases blood pressure and improves blood circulation.
– It decreases the risk of cardiovascular disease and improves blood flow.
– It reduces inflammation and pain throughout the body.
– It enhances immune function, thus increasing the body’s resistance to disease.
– It decreases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
– It decreases the risk of developing osteoporosis.
– It decreases the risk of developing certain cancers.
– It decreases the risk of developing arthritis.
– It reduces electric fields induced on the body.
– It releases endorphins.
Note For Above – We already know the subject at hand, so there is no need to repeat the words “Earthing/Grounding” in the list above.
How to practice Earthing/ Grounding
– Wear conductive footwear (i.e., a pair of sneakers with conductive materials in the rubber soles or go barefoot.)
– Walk barefoot on natural surfaces (grass, dirt, etc.) where you can plant your foot or have dirt between your toes.
– Install a ground rod in your house’s electrical panel.
– Install a Grounded Pad beneath your bed.
– Install a Grounded Plug in your electronic devices. This includes computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc.
– Create your own Earthing/ Grounding products with conductive materials.
Medical professionals’ perspective on Earthing/ Grounding
Many medical professionals now recognize Earthing/ Grounding as a way to promote health and well-being. Dr. Stephen Sinatra, a neurologist, psychiatrist, and psychotherapist has written about how Earthing/ Grounding helps to reduce the effects of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) on the body. Aside from its anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties, EMR has also been shown to affect brain function, mood, and sleep quality.
Dr. Heather Shick, a chiropractic doctor, and expert in natural health has reported that Earthing/ Grounding promotes healing in the body and reduces pain. It also helps stop inflammation.
Dr. Andrew Weil, a professor of natural medicine and author of numerous health books, says that Earthing/ Grounding promotes the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the cells, thus promoting cell regeneration and health. Earthing/ Grounding has also been found to promote restful sleep, boost the immune system, and improve mental and physical health.
To recap, Earthing/ Grounding is the practice of connecting to the earth’s energy through direct contact with the soil’s surface. Earthing is the process of increasing the number of electrons transferred from the earth’s surface to the body. When exposed to the earth’s magnetic field, the earth’s electrons are attracted to human tissue; this transfer of electrons allows Earthing to provide the benefits of the earth’s natural energy. Earthing is the process of touching or being in contact with the earth—specifically the exposed surface of the soil. It has numerous benefits for our health too! As you have now learned, Earthing/Grounding has a huge impact on our lives and physical and mental health. So, let’s ditch our shoes and connect to nature!