With the weekend fast approaching, its time to take a look at how we will spend our time. Though many of us look forward to it all week, are we truly taking the time to make the most out of our weekend?
To help move you in the right direction, below is a list of ways in which highly successful people spend their weekend
- They unplug you aren’t doing yourself any favors by staying connected to your device 24/7. The weekend is a great time to unplug. If you manage a team, this is a perfect opportunity to empower your team to make decisions without you. If you are a part of a team, now is the time to establish healthy boundaries.
- They volunteer There is nothing more rewarding than making a difference in the world around you. Helping those in need helps you keep things in perspective and studies show that people who volunteer in their local communities feel more personal growth and well-being.
- They explore hobbies Pursuing your hobbies is important for your overall well-being. Whether it’s a sport or an art, cultivating your hobbies can help you unwind, create and foster friendships, and improve your overall happiness in life.
- They spend time with family and friends Sometimes our weeks are so busy and routine-infused that we don’t have time to have quality, unstructured time with our loved ones. The weekend is the perfect time to reconnect with family and friends. This could be sharing a meal or going on an outing, or having a long phone conversation with a faraway friend.
- They stay active There are many physical and emotional benefits that come along with an active lifestyle. Though a long week makes it tempting to lay on the couch all weekend, you’ll feel better and more fulfilled if you incorporate physical activity into your plans.
On Saturday, fight the urge to binge-watch the next show on your Netflix queue, and head outside. You never know what creative or personal breakthrough may happen through constructive use of your downtime.