How you start off your day sets the mood for the entire day. If you feel rushed and anxious in the morning, that energy will carry on throughout the rest of the day. Similarly, a calm and collected morning can help you get through the inevitable ebbs and flows of your day.
Try doing these 5 things to help keep your cool for whatever the day has in store for you.
1. Wake up early enough to get everything done We all have our checklist of things to do in the morning. If you need to make lunches, or get kids ready, be sure you allow ample time for that in your morning. Getting out of bed at the last possible second will only make you feel rushed. Making time to get it all done will help you properly pace out your day.
2. Add physical activity to your morning Not everyone is a morning person, and that is ok. Adding in a bit of light cardio in the morning is a great day to get the blood flowing and energize tired muscles. You will feel more alert after a quick jog or morning swim.
3. Eat a healthy breakfast A light and balanced breakfast will help fuel you for the day as well as improve your memory and concentration.
4. Meditate Among the various other benefits of meditation, morning meditating helps set the tone for calm for your entire day and allows you time to focus.
5. Get a full night’s rest A morning routine is easier to start and maintain when you have had a good night’s rest. You will have the focus and energy necessary to avoid hitting that snooze button.
A morning routine helps you start your day with structure and gives you direction. You’ll find that by setting the stage for better prioritizing, more effective time-management, and greater productivity, you’ll be able to navigate through your day with a bit more calmness.