Not to alarm you, but 2020 is less than 100 days away.
Where are you on your resolutions list? Savings plan? Business endeavors?
Regardless of what you had in mind for 2019, with one quarter left, there’s still plenty of time to get things done. This is a great time to wrap things up and start new tasks. And there are several things that need to be done by the end of the year.
Here are some things that we should all have in order before starting a new decade:
- Spend your FSA If you have a flexible spending account at work, now is the time to spend the money. These funds typically expire at the end of December.
- Get your health in order Make sure you get in your yearly checkups with your primary care doctor, optometrist, and dentist
- Clean your space Don’t limit your closet purging and mass cleanings to the spring time. Now is the perfect time to declutter and optimize your space.
- Check in on your credit We are all entitled to a free credit report every year. If you haven’t gotten yours yet this year, its time to get that taken care of.
- Sort out your donations If you haven’t made your donations to your favorite charity yet, you’ll want to do that soon. You only have a few months left to donate and still be able to claim them when filing your 2019 taxes.
- Get your taxes ready Speaking of filing taxes, take this opportunity to start prepping for the tax season. Make your future self’s life a little easier by organizing your receipts and financial documents now.
- Dust off that goals list Remember the things you wanted to get done this year? Well if you haven’t already, now is the time to do them.
If you want to make the most of 2020, make sure you close up any loose ends these last few months of 2019. Completing these tasks will ensure that you start off this next decade calmly and confidently.